Work In Progress — August 2021

It may be a little later than usual, but here is a summary of the open-source contributions I made in August.


August was a (relatively) slow coding month for me. However I think I set a new personal record for the number of pull requests I reviewed. I reviewed a total of 107 pull requests across 7 repositories in the Jellyfin organization! 🚀


The Jellyfin Android TV app is continuing to prepare for the final release of the 0.12 version of the app. The pull requests I worked on this month focused on improving codec support, fixing some bugs, and a little bit of code cleanup. We released three updates to the 0.12 beta in the month of August and are getting very close now to a final release.


The changes I worked on in jellyfin-web this month focused mainly on developer experience. Several improvements were made to our CI workflow and reduce the amount of build time warnings that were produced. I also fixed a minor regression in unstable that caused the "continue watching" section of the home screen to show images in the wrong aspect ratio.

If you are interested in supporting my work, you can sponsor me on GitHub.