Work In Progress — August 2021
It may be a little later than usual, but here is a summary of the open-source contributions I made in August.
August was a (relatively) slow coding month for me. However I think I set a new personal record for the number of pull requests I reviewed. I reviewed a total of 107 pull requests across 7 repositories in the Jellyfin organization! 🚀
The Jellyfin Android TV app is continuing to prepare for the final release of the 0.12 version of the app. The pull requests I worked on this month focused on improving codec support, fixing some bugs, and a little bit of code cleanup. We released three updates to the 0.12 beta in the month of August and are getting very close now to a final release.
- jellyfin-androidtv#1076: Allow user sessions to be set to null again
- jellyfin-androidtv#1102: Restore direct play support for avi with libvlc
- jellyfin-androidtv#1103: Enable multichannel audio support for Fire TVs
- jellyfin-androidtv#1108: Add guide card to live tv library views
- jellyfin-androidtv#1110: Downmix audio by default on Chromecast with Google TV
- jellyfin-androidtv#1111: Remove useless check method
The changes I worked on in jellyfin-web this month focused mainly on developer experience. Several improvements were made to our CI workflow and reduce the amount of build time warnings that were produced. I also fixed a minor regression in unstable that caused the "continue watching" section of the home screen to show images in the wrong aspect ratio.
- jellyfin-web#2821: Update merge conflict action trigger
- jellyfin-web#2829: Fix continue watching card shapes
- jellyfin-web#2848: Update dependabot frequency to run weekly
- jellyfin-web#2853: Update workbox
- jellyfin-web#2858: Fix build warnings
If you are interested in supporting my work, you can sponsor me on GitHub.